Q: I want to be and educator, how do I apply?

A: For information of becoming an educator, you wil need to request a Prospective Educator Information Kit. We also hold regular Information sessions. You can contact our office ( 02 ) 6686 7799 or click here ….. for an application form or to book in our next Information session.

Q: Do I need any qualifications to be an educator?

A: Yes, Certificate III in Childrens’ services.

Q: What are some of the costs involved in setting up a family day care service?

A: There may be some costs involved in making your home safe such as: safety glass; fencing; storage facilities; home maintenance; child safe locks; door barriers. You need to have current First Aid Certificate & Asthma & Anaphylaxis training. You will need to get a Working with Children Check. You need Public Liability Insurance. Purchase Educational toys & equipment; Computer and Internet connection.

Q: How much can I earn?

A: You will be running your own business and will be able to set your own fees. The amount you earn will depend on the days and hours you are willing to work.

Q: What is the NQF?

A: To ensure Australian Children get the best possible start in life. All Australian governments have agreed to implement the National Quality Framework (NQF) for Early Childhood Education and Care. The NQF sets consistent, high quality standards for Early Childhood Education and Care, and outside school hours care services. It typically covers Long Day Care , Preschool, Outside School hours and Family Day Care Services across Australia. The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority or ACECQA guides the implementation of the National Quality Framework across Australia. For more information, see the National Quality Framework section of this website.

Q: Can two family residents operate within a single dwelling?

A: A Family Day Care educator must not educate and care for more than seven children at a Family Day Care residence at any one time. There may be occasions when a dwelling could include two self-contained residences with an Family Day Care Educator operating from each residence. In all cases the approved provider for the Family Day Care Service is responsible for assessing and determining the suitability of residences. If the provider assessed a dwelling suitable for two Educators, then a regulatory authority would expect to see two residences that are sufficiently self-contained so that there is clear separation of responsibility for the education and care of children in each. For example, there should be separate indoor and outdoor facilities.

Q: How often do I have to renew my First Aid , Asthma & Anaphylaxis management qualifications?

A: The First aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis management training required must be updated at least every three years from the date of completion.The First Aid certificate may specify additional requirements to keep it valid. For example, if your first aid certificate requires the CPR component to be completed every 12 months to keep it current, you will need to comply.


"Our family loves Ballina Byron Family Daycare! Kim (our educator) has cared for 3 of our children, each from around 9 months of age! They’ve been provided with a safe, home-like environment R..."

View all Testimonials

Latest News

Parent Newsletter 2019

01 Aug 2019

Parents Newsletter 2019 ...