What is NSW In-Home Childcare Services?
NSW In-Home Childcare Services (NSWIHCS) is a brokerage, sponsored by the NSW Family Day Care Association Inc, and funded by the Department of Education Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
In-Home Child Care Service Provider (IHCSP)
The NSWIHCS outsources In-Home Childcare for families who meet the eligibility criteria. It appoints a licensed childcare service, such as Ballina Byron Family Day Care, that can demonstrate the necessary criteria to be an In-Home Child Care Service Provider (IHCSP). It also oversees the best practice aspects of care provision, including recruiting and training educators, interviewing families and providing day-to-day support and monitoring of the In-Home Child Care placement.
Are you eligible for In-Home childcare?
To access IHC you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- have no access to existing child care services
- circumstances mean that an existing childcare service, cannot meet your child’s needs.
And at least one of the following criteria also applies:
- The child has, or lives with another child who has an illness or disability;
- The child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child;
- The child lives in a rural or remote area;
- The work hours of the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available; or
- The child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school.
In Home Care Support Agency
In-Home Educators are competent and dedicated early childcare professionals. Educators registered through NSWIHC Services are self employed, and are recruited, trained and supported by Ballina Byron Family Day Care using specific criteria:
- Are professional and dedicated
- Earn an income caring for children in the child’s own home
- Are self employed
- Meet essential requirements
- Hold current Public Liability Insurance
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate
- Hold a current ABN
- Are warm, energetic and enjoy the company of children
- Are available to work flexible hours
- Are 18 years of age or over
- Are willing to participate in ongoing training
In-home childcare educators provide children with a variety of age appropriate activities to encourage the development of life skills. Educators are not expected to perform household duties other than those associated with the care of the children.